IAM Business Process Analyst
The Business Process Analyst is responsible for the implementation of the authorization management processes for specific applications. Authorization management will be supported with the product RSA VIA Lifecycle and Governance. You ensure that the correct IAM solution is chosen and implemented, in line with business and IT roadmaps. You join a team that is actively driving the implementation of a new IAM solution and further on-board business applications for authorization management.
- Manage planning and execution of assigned Projects and Non Standard Changes (NSC)
- Execute changes according to ITIL Process and in line with IT security and compliancy policies
- Coordinate enhancement towards 1st and 2nd line support teams that are outsourced to a third party
- Solve 3rd line incidents and prevent them where possible by a pro-active attitude
- Supporting activities like reporting and documentation
- Propose and discuss improvements and new ideas with the Solution/Domain Architects
- You ensure timely and clear communication, information and knowledge with stakeholders
- Share responsibility and make use of expertise of others
- Focus on results while ensuring quality and continuous improvements
Master degree or Bachelor degree in a technical area, computer science.
-Minimal 5 year experience within Identity & Access Management domain
-Minimal 5 year experience in designing and implementing Access and Authorization solutions, preferably in a large multi-national environment.
-Proven ability to translate functional requirements to solutions and application designs.
-Technical skillset; Some experience with RSA-IGL
-Knowledge of and experience with authorization management processes
-Experience with defining and implementing non-IAM specific requirements: performance, maintainability, extendibility, scalability, availability, security and accessibility
-Good communication and presentation skills (challenging requirements and selling the solution)
-Able to communicate in English and preferably Dutch, both speech and in writing
-Good documentation skills with the ability to write solution proposals, designs
-Ability to write and contribute to IAM policies, best practices and strategy documents
-Ability to deliver high quality and value-added advices, based on accurate and objective interpretation of needs, of the internal and/or external stakeholders
-Ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including non-verbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience, and the ability to listen effectively to others and give constructive feedback to others.
-Good customer focus and customer facing skills
-Ability to execute a task in a good manner and with good results with limited supervision
-Ability to learn from mistakes and focus on continuous improvement
- Duration: 12 months
- Location: Eindhoven area
- Hours per week: Fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Note: Please apply on this project with an updated resume and motivation in English (word format).