Senior Systems Engineer
For one of our direct clients we are searching for a Senior Systems Engineer/
In this role, your main focus is to manage and solve all issues, problems and changes within your Service
in order to help our clients Business and our customers. You will define the (technical) designs within your
service and take care of the corresponding documentation. You manage changes and projects according
to procedures and processes in order to implement the changes in the systems and
Infrastructure in an efficient, effective and technical correct way.
You take care of – the more complex - 2nd line incidents of clients users. You take care of periodic reporting regarding changes, tests, incidents etc. to inform all relevant stakeholders.
You also take care of documenting relevant information in order to be able to make analyses in patters in incidents that occur. You test (or make test scripts for) the changes based on both technical and functional requirements according to our standards. You pro-actively think about the quality of the whole service line in order to prevent possible incidents. You inform users, help them with documentation, questions and end user training in close cooperation with your IT service colleagues.The Senior Systems Engineer reports to the Team manager Infrastructure.
At least 6 years of relevant experience. A proven track record in the relevant IT services and experience in leading suppliers and improvement projects. You are a real team player, you are experienced in creating and maintaining effective relations with business, suppliers and other IT colleagues.
Last but not least you have at least 6 years hands on experience in an Enterprise Infra Management & maintenance. You have a Bachelors degree and specific subject matter knowledge, such as:
- MCSE 2008 certificate and / or MCTS/MCITP 2012 (enterprise) certificate;
- A Bachelors degree and/or at least 6 years experience on a bachelors level in an enterprise environment at the level of a senior Windows engineer in large Windows infrastructures based on Windows 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 Server;
- Experienced in managing Xenapp 6.0 and higher, Office 365 (cloud services)Exchange on-premises, Secure mail cloud solution, Skype for Business, Sharepoint;
- Experienced in managing Res Workspace manager / RES Automation manager;
- Experienced in managing AD (Active Directory), Internet Information Server 6.0 / 7.5 (.NET Application Hosting), DNS, DHCP and general network solutions;
- Experienced in managing Windows Clustering, DFS-N, DFS-R and with Windows Recovery techniques;
- Experienced in managing VMware VSphere 4.x and higher / Microsoft Hyper-V clustering;
- Experienced in managing Exchange on-premises 2010 and higher & Microsoft office 2010 and higher;
- Experience with PowerShell (vbscript);
- Experience in monitoring- and process tooling like Nagios, Foglight and PRTG;
- Experience with large and small migrations (AD (Active directory), Office 365, Data, Software Security, Network, DNS, DHCP, Back-end / Front-end servers etc.);
- You have excellent communication skills in the English language, both verbal and written.
- You have a good fit in the Mediq culture and values; Caring Heart, Customer Drive and Champion Spirit
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Planning and organizing
- Pro active
- Taking ownership
- Job: Permanent job
- Location: Utrecht area
- Hours per week: Fulltime, 40 hours per week.